Cricket Pre-Season Programs
Jock Athletic delivers a pre-season program specifically designed for all cricket athletes.
We have 2 programs:
- 16 week program - commencing 3 June 2017
- 12 week program - commencing 1 July 2017
With over 30 years experience in successfully training and preparing cricketers for performance, from juniors right through to the Australian Cricket Team, Jock knows how to best prepare young cricket athletes coming through.
The CricketPre-Season program encompasses all physical sessions, including speed training, conditioning, running technique, core, hip and shoulder stability, gym strength & power, bowling introduction + workloads & flexibility.
- Screening for previous injuries/health issues
- Specific flexibility
- Core strength, hip and shoulder stability
- Overall training & competition physical workloads
- Body composition
- Aerobic condition
- Speed & Speed technique
- Goal setting & training recommendations
- Posture and growth spurts
- Up to 4 training sessions pw
2017 program now also includes bowling sessions and individual bowling programs
Our pre-season training programs aims to:
- Reduce the risk of common fast bowling injuries
- Increase bowling speed
- Increase endurance.
Testing will begin in June. The first week of the program is dedicated to testing all the athletes.
Sessions will be held in various locations in South Sydney, including Miranda and Cronulla.
For you Seniors cricket athletes, come and join first grade cricketers from Sutherland, St George and Bankstown who are already training with us and prepare for your best season ever.
All levels welcome, you just need to want to improve! Spots are limited.